OmniPage Web: One Click Publishing?
Caere, arguably the industry leader in OCR applications, has released a new product that makes some startling claims. Specifically:
OmniPage Web is the fastest, easiest way to convert multipage documents into working Web sites. Using the award-winning OmniPage Pro OCR engine and the revolutionary new Logical Structure Recognition (LSR) technology, OmniPage Web outlines your scanned document and creates a complete, dynamic Web site with separate Web pages for each page, chapter or section. This is the kind of thing that has us rubbing our hands in glee, since it's so hard to believe. But...what if they could really do that? You probably already know the answer...you'll have to read on to find out! Price: $499 SRP
[Move on to the next part of the article]
- Pentium PC
- 16 MB of RAM (32 MB recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 95/98 or Windows NT 4 or later
- SVGA, 800x600, 256 colors
- 45 MB available hard disk space
- TWAIN-compatible scanner (such as models from Adara, Agfa, Canon, Epson, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, LaCie, Microtek, Mustek, Nikon, Plustek, ScanPaq, Sony, Storm, TWAIN, Umax, Visioneer)
Contact the WebDeveloper.com® staff
Last modified: 20
| || |
Join Editor-in-Chief David Fiedler and find truth, justice, and a clue or two.