Ubuntu 8.10 ii
I am having problems getting emails out of my PC.
To make things easier I shall briefly state that...
1. This is NOT an ISP issue.
2. This is NOT a web host email server issue.
3. NOTHING is blocking ANY ports or traffic.
4. The smtp & pop URL are the "SAME" url, eg. mail.mydomain.com
5. Ubuntu moans about my desktop name being an "Unqualified Domain Name"
6. I installed Sendmail and MTA as indicated in the Ubuntu FAQ / Trouble shooting guide
7.I have repeatedly asked over the last 3 months for help on this but get lame assed replies that do not help.
I will admit that I am very new to Ubuntu, so anything tech will "A380 Airbus" on me and my eyes will glaze over and my head will possibly pop under the strain... :)
The question is this, how do I get my emails going out when I have no issues collecting them? Remember that the URL is the same for incoming mail as it is for out going.
I have used Opera and Evolution clients and both have same issue, under WindowsXP Opera has no issue collecting and sending emails. As I do not want to keep firing up my laptop every time I need to send an email and for practical purposes... I would like to solve this issue and would like to resolve this seeing as the Ubuntu community are sitting on their hands with this issue.