#1: Using the same variable name more than once in a function to create new elements
#2: Not seeing the whole document and missing the bottom check boxes...
Creating a new version to fix these mistakes.... whew it took some real critical thinking to figure that first one out.
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Alright, let's try this one. I added a random number generator to create random array indices so that I'm not using ambiguous variable names. I didn't think about this from the beginning because we originally weren't using a loop.
Also, I put in a condition to make sure we're only looking at add-on checkboxes.
11-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Its taking a long time for the form to submit. Can you see it from your end James?
11-12-2009, 04:15 PM
It's not taking for a long time to submit for me... but, frustratingly, I made another crucial mistake. It's difficult not to be able to test it all before I get it to you, so I apologize if you're having to keep uploading it. If I had done all this with access to the site, I would have had it done in just an hour, tested, working and complete.
This time it's a simple fix, so I'll just tell you what to do:
Again, I apologize for making you upload it over and over till we root out all the mistakes.
11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Now its not showing the first add-on and at times taking ages to load. Is it because of a loop? Do you want me to revert back to the previous version buddy?
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Are you kidding me? Please don't apologise James, you're taking out the time to help me out and this is the least I can do. Don't be surprised but my patience level isn't bad :)
Ok I've made the change to the .js and it still not showing anything at all apart from calculating the total amount of the add-ons I've selected.
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Ok, I've got it!
change line 360 in valid.js from
That did it for me!!!! I'm seeing all the options now, when I change that from firebug.
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Well, with real implementation, it's still only showing one option....
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I've updated the .js file. Ok now its showing only the first add-on of whatever package I choose.
11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
No, it's still the script, because when I run a plain loop on newPPoption() by itself, it still only allows 1 set to be entered, while the addInput() works fine by itself. There's something up with the loop. I wonder why it worked before and not now.
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm going to take a look at it in a few when I get home from work, and I'll see what I can figure out. For some reason it's exiting the loop, but I don't know why. It'll hit me after I step away for a minute and come back to it.
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Actually it just hit me... I'm running loops inside of loops inside of loops. We've got to change the variable names ("i") inside the loop initiatives... I can't believe it took me that long to realize it. That's why it worked on the firebug and not in reality... I was using another variable name.... wow...
11-12-2009, 05:05 PM
then I'll take the opportunity to take time out from my laptop as my eyes are hurting.
Thanks for your help James and I'm sure you are pretty close to solving it. Keep it up buddy.