need a project
i been coding in html/css for about 2 months now and i got a good handle on it.
i practice everyday on a practice site and its really basic but im proud of what i have done.
im looking for a good first project to sharpen my skills more.
can anyone help me out?:D
Why don't you create your own web page?
That would be a good point to start with.
sorry i didnt make it more clear but the practice site, is the site i made
So you need a paid project? for that, you should subscribe on a freelancing website.
Otherwise, you could create a presentation page of something you like or your page, where you should put whatever you want others to know about you.
That would help you in the future, on a job interview or to show your skills to someone willing to give you a project.
Take a look at the top question on this page. Think about it for a bit. Try to solve whatever problem is there. Read any answer(s) that have already been offered. Add another answer if you think yours is worth it. Repeat.
Originally Posted by sk0rg3
After a bit of this, you'll have experience.
If you want to work for practice, send me a message. I could help you. Send me some work-sample so I know what level are you at.
I would suggest creating a site linked to a hobby, if you have one. That way you will, hopefully, have interesting and original things to say, as well as gaining experience. Basically content is more important than technique. I've created a few sites that reflect my interests:
- Relativity Myths - concerning myths about special and general relativity.
- Philosophy musings - various topics.
- Voting power - an idea for making UK MP's voting more proportional without changing the "first-past-the-post election mechanism.
I've also created:
- A dummy page for an imaginary travel site using original photos that I've taken on holidays in France (more visual than my usual content).
- A "sentencing abacus" which helps unify and automate the various guidelines issued by the (UK) Sentencing Council for offences tried in County Courts. That was an exercise in structuring information in PHP (using arrays).
There is no end of small and big projects you can do, limited only by the time you have available, and your imagination. They've also provided valuable experience in writing reactive web pages. There is no substitute for experience.