Seeking an Interactive Designer - Mclean, VA
Position: Senior Interaction Designer (UI/UX)
Location: Mclean, VA
Duration: 6 month Contract to Permanent Hire
Eliassen Group is seeking a Senior Interaction Designer passionate about creating great user experiences for one of our valued clients. Working with the Product Management and Business Analyst teams, the Sr. Interaction Designer will conceptualize, design and deliver world class user experiences for mission-critical applications used throughout federal agencies. This individual will work closely with functional business and technology units to develop, design and prototype ideas and to deliver them in support of product roadmap initiatives.
Company focuses on creating and delivering solutions where talent and opportunity meet by leveraging their proven technology, content and services to drive a high performance workforce. They specialize in Human Capital Management in the public sector leveraging technology to help their customers engage people across public sector markets. Our client partners with organizations in the public sector to customize solutions and deliver results.
- Define and document user interaction and guidelines for multiple delivery platforms (web, mobile, etc.)
- Articulate ideas through mockups, prototypes for proof-of-concept, discussion and usability testing
- Evaluate and help to define new user interaction platforms
- Understand and evangelize user centered design and product development processes, standards and best practice
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, leadership, management and communication skills that inspire, challenge and motivate others
- Work proactively with Product Managers, Design and Developers to define, refine and follow through on user experience solutions
- Evaluate and recommend existing third party technologies where opportunistically feasible
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify the best design solution
- Translate approved requirements into detailed wireframes and interactive prototypes to be used as part of usability tests and design iterations.
- Communicate on a daily basis with Business Analysts, Developers and Product managers
- BS/BA in graphic design, visual communications, computer science or related field
- Proven strength in visual and interaction design with minimum 4 years experience designing and developing forward thinking, user centered solutions. Strong online portfolio demonstrating attention to detail and purpose-driven design is preferred.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure or Justinmind (Preferred), Mockflow help prototype workflows and detailed interaction specifications on how the product features work prior to writing code.
- Expert in Designing interfaces, wireframes/mockups using Adobe Suite, Fireworks or Photoshop.
- Experience with rapid and iteratively prototyping complex software applications (not just websites) with low and hi fidelity techniques.
- The ability to conceptualize applications with techniques such as User Journeys & Scenarios, Application Maps, Workflows, and Wireframes with strong focus on user-centered design methodology, usability guidelines, and usability patterns.
- Understand fundamental design principles (typography, layout, hierarchy, color, composition, animation)
- Outstanding communication skills, self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented and able to work in a team environment with multiple projects
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment, including Business Analysts, Architecture, Development, and Product Management
- Expertise in the application of tools and technologies across web, client and device
- Experience developing, personalized, database-driven, large-scale, high-volume commercial web sites
- Understanding of the web application development process, including both waterfall and agile techniques
- Experience creating Section 508 compliant designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, and Word
- Proficiency in a wide spectrum of products, techniques and technologies including Adobe CS, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS.
- Experience working with HRIS or system used by the federal government a plus
- Outstanding record of professional achievement, ambition and drive
To apply, send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org