Absolute beginner questions about carreer
I am an absolute beginner, wanting to get into IT
What I did:
Some SQL from Paul Dubois book: loved it.
A few chapters from Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup: loved it although a bit too difficult.
Tried Barker's Notation data modeling and read books by David C Hay on data modelling: absolutely LOVED IT!
Read "Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist"
Book by Dean Allemang and James Hendler, and absolutely LOVED IT!
Now I've read that Cisco and Security fields are the way to go, but I"m not sure I really like it.
1. Certificates from O'Reilly School of Technology:
• PHP/SQL Programming Certificate
• Python Programming Certificate
as a structure for disciplined learning and the advantage of having a mentor
2. A+ certificate http://www.professormesser.com/
as a structure of learning some basic practical knowledge useful in any field
3. WordPress see http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/wordp...s-development/
to get my feet wet trying to actually build something
4. Freebds + fluxbox?
to learn about linux
What do you think?