www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Iframe Transparency - Help Please! Thank You!

Iframe Transparency - Help Please! Thank You!

Hello there. Well, I'm a student at a high school and I became very interested in Web Designing after taking a class. Now, here I am stuck with this project for my class.

The problem I have is with an iframe. I tried making it transparent with filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(opacity=90); and it worked. The only problem is that the iframe content (pictures and text) is also transparent. I put a background image in the html file containing the iframe. Now the content in the iframe is transparent too and you can see the background image through the pictures in the iframe.

My question is: is there a way to make the images solid?

I thank you.

The iframe is essentially creating a separate browser window within your document to display another web document. You cannot change the document within the iframe other than by actually changing its own markup and/or stylesheet.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thanks. I get what you're telling me. But you see the thing is that once, long time ago, I was looking for a code for picture transparency. And I found a site where they showed how to make a transparent iframe with its solid content (images and text). I think it was CSS, I'm not sure. Maybe it wasnt an iframe, maybe it was a div table...

Thank you anyway for taking your time to reply.

Is there anyone else who could help me?

yeh, i have the same problem. Join the club

transparent iframe

If you want a transparent background for the iframe, use allowTransparency="yes" in the iframe tag. Then set the background of the document in the frame to transparent .. <body style="background:transparent">

I know, but i don't own the site in the iframe, it doesn't belong to me therefore, i cannot edit it and put that code in.

If anyone know how to make the background transparent or change the background of the iframe, pls tell me.

Thanks

Thread Information