www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Downloading and installing latest SDK

Smile Downloading and installing latest SDK

Hello,

I went to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp to download the latest SDK. I clicked on the icon under "J2EE 1.4 includes JDK 5.0" and downloaded the file for the Windows version of J2EE SDK 1.4_03. The install prompted me to install to C:\Sun\AppServer, which I accepted. However, I don't have the C:\j2sdk[...] folder you've mentioned in one of your threads.

Did I download the wrong thing? To recap, my hard drive crashed a while ago, and I'd like to restore my java development capabilities. Before the HD crash, I was able to create java classes and servlets in EditPlus and run them either from the command prompt using javac, or deploy them on Tomcat to run on my localhost. I think you answered my query about reinstalling Tomcat (I just need to download the Core files?).

I am also looking for another editor to use specifically for Java development. On the page I mentioned above, there was also a link for NetBeans IDE + JDK 5.0 Update 6. Should I have downloaded this instead of the J2EE files?

Thanks for your help.

jaqy

u do not need to download j2ee, rather need to download and install j2sdk 5(or 1.5). follow this link to download, then click on the link with caption Download JDK 5.0 Update 6. the next page will allow u to select the version appropriate for your OS make sure that u select the appropriate Operating System.
    Last edited by Khalid Ali; 03-28-2006 at 06:48 PM.
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

Your link took me to a login page. After logging in, a message was displayed that I needed to go to the Download Center. I searched for j2se and came upon a link for version 1.3. Clicking back in the breadcrumbs brought me back to the link I provided above: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp. Am I supposed to download the files for NetBeans IDE + JDK 5.0 Update 6? I'm running Windows 2000 SP4. Do I download the 32- or 64-bit installation?

I have updated the link in previou spost, try it again do as described in the post.
    Cheers

Khalid

Message Posting Guidelines In These Forums, Please read these before posting any question.
    Web site: webapplikations.com
    Web Resources Page:Web Resources

That was the same link I sent to you.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thread Information