dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Music on Myspace?

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] Music on Myspace?

alright i know its lame but whatever, i'm trying to add a .wav to play when myspace opens up i tried hosting it on geocities and then working with that link but i used up my hourly file transfer and now i can't even access the site, all i want is to put the music on myspace if anyone knows of a good site to host music and some code that isn't embed, i don't think that works with myspace??

Doesn't myspace have tools specifically for that?

they have myspace music but that is for bands who have music they want to get out there, and from their you can put it on your page with a player but i was looking for a more automatic play with no player

ok i've got the .wav file playing as background for my geocities site, now what is the link i need to listen to it
    <embed src="www.geocities.com/seniordurp/play.wav" autostart="true" loop="true" height="0" width="0"></embed>

this is what i'm trying to use but it comes up with an error" The data that the plugin requested, did not download successfully"? any help here?

possible answer

I'm not sure if it's the reason , but you didn't have the "http://" in the URL for the file. I tried it this way and it worked on my "experimental" page ...

<embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.geocities.com/seniordurp/play.wav" autostart="true" loop="true" height="0" width="0"></embed>

awesome that did it, you are the ****

good deal.. glad to help

does the wav you embedded play throughthat default myspace player?

I've seen/heard music on there that isnt' from a start-up band but from a CD. How do those people load those songs up?

No , it's just playing from the source requested. If you type in that url in your browser, the music plays as a .wav file
    Some people upload music from their computer as an .mp3 file to a file hosting site such as Bolt (there are several others , I've had good luck with them) and play them through another site's mp3 player , such as loudfusion . If you have .wav files that you want to convert to .mp3 , there are several free programs that can do that like nch.

Thread Information