www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: image posi in a table

image posi in a table

Hi guys.

I'm using a table to layout my webpage and have images in some cells. I can get them to center in the cell ie, <center> but is there a way to specify another locating, for eg, top of the cell or even 10px from top of cell?

Also, if there is a better way that i could be going about this rather than tables, please feel free to advise. I want a banner across the top, a column with buttons in it on the left and a wider column with page content next to it. Banner and left column to be common to all pages. Sorry, I'm very new to all this.

Thanks

Yes, tables were the old way to layout a website, you should use CSS now, and just use tables for tabular data. I've moved this thread to the CSS forum so you should get better replies.

And if we had a link we could comment.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Haven't got it up yet, just in design stage so no link, sorry. I'll do a bit of CSS study. Thanks for the tips guys.

Thread Information