www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: exporting table data to a CSV file

exporting table data to a CSV file

hello all,
    i have a data table on my webpage. and i have one "Export" button just above it. now when the user clicks on the "Export" button, i want the current table data to be exported to a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. how this can be done in javascript? does anyone have some sample code available for this?
    Thanks in Advance!!

This can't be done in Javascript because you need to make a connection with the database, and you are already fetching the data from the database for your display table
    This can be done in PHP though.
    "Just smile and wave boys; smile and wave"

No. Javascript is a client-side language, thus it can not create/write files. You might use AJAX to send data to the server (or simply submit data in classical way), where a server-side application (php, asp...) will do that transform job.

On my webpage i have a div element which again has 2 div elements. the first div shows table header and the second one displays table data. how can i submit that much data only without affecting the rest of the page with Ajax?
    i suppose, i need to use "out.println()" in order to create the .csv file using jsp.
    Any help?
    thanks a lot!!

Thread Information