www.webdeveloper.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Attn: Expert coders!

Last edited by LeeU; 10-29-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Don't hijack the thread
    Share on Google+

Share on Google+

Man technology is moving so fast, it seems to keep everything updated would be quite a job. I do a lot of ActionScript and I haven't even moved to AS 3.0 yet. By the time I transition to it, it will be on AS 4.0! LOL!

Incredible how much work it takes to keep up with current coding technology and techniques.
    DJ Booking Agency Website: www.xoagent.com
    Electro / House / DJ / Producer: www.johnnyflux.com
    Graphic Design: www.d3signlab.com
    Graphic Design: www.stonegraphicdesign.com
    Share on Google+

prototype property

What is prototype property used for in JavaScript?
    Share on Google+

Share on Google+

why you people not like the JQuery.
    Share on Google+

Ouch ! that's a bit tough.
    Share on Google+

no its realy simple

Its really very simple technique and you can do lot with less code and lot of plugins are available.
    Share on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by msnmnk View Post
    Its really very simple technique and you can do lot with less code and lot of plugins are available.
    The genuine language is always the simpler and the better. The genuine is native javascript. Frameworks bring almost always a lot of troubles.
    Share on Google+

agree.

Frameworks like a tool for those who don't really know programming

----------
    www.boryi.com
    Share on Google+

what s the code for change background current day in calendar program in java script ???

zoro
    Share on Google+

Share on Google+

this is link for topic ?

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...77#post1005177

wait for solution
    Share on Google+

why you people not like the JQuery.
    It seems like everyone likes Jquery. When I do projects for people, they have asked me to use Jquery instead of another UI package or JavaScript from the ground up... and these were people with quite reputable sites!
    Share on Google+

JQuery is OK. Till the client (and most of the time he does that) wants, he say, a "small" extra-feature which is out of the JQuery's range (or any other's framework's range as well). From that moment on, things go crazy: inexperienced coders try to modify the core, other more inexperienced coders try to repair it or to introduce another type of framework/library at the same time, but they do more damage, till everything looks like a perfect mess. Same with Prototype. MooTools or any other. For different reasons, Javascript is not ready yet to support a full cross-browser reliable library. In my opinion, the best and safer way remains a clear, native, and custom Javascript code applied strictly to the client's request, written by a professional coder. No more, no less.

Anyway, it is horrible to use JQuery for a simple rollover, effect which can be done most of the time on using only CSS. And noobies do that stupid thing all the time. They think it is easier to learn JQuery's custom methods instead of learning Javascript language.

Quote Originally Posted by multimediocrity
    When I do projects for people, they have asked me to use Jquery instead of another UI package or JavaScript from the ground up
    JQuery is not another language. It is nothing but a custom structured Javascript library. It brings nothing new, no download speed gain, no accuracy gain... But it bings new custom methods, hm... As Javascript would not have been difficult enough by default, if thinking only of so many differences are between browsers or about their bugs. Like all the other Javascript frameworks/libraries JQuery is nothing but a heavy Javascript package. A good one, maybe the best for the moment, but still a heavy package. It's just an illusion for the coders who hope they will finish the job quickly by using a framework/library. Most of the time that illusion becomes a nightmare.

People who ask for projects should not care about the tools you are using to do that job. I worked a lot with JQuery, most of the time hired to repair damages. No, thank you Sir, but coding in the genuine Javascript language strictly for the client's aims remains the better way.

Note for the frameworks' lovers: I do not hate frameworks. I really love them. I earn a lot of money by repairing (or, most of the time creating new clean codes) for some clients who have used frameworks and ruined their sites. I love them really
    Last edited by Kor; 09-10-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Share on Google+

Thread Information