www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: suggestions needed for building a new website

Question suggestions needed for building a new website

hi all, I want to learn client side website design by actually building a simple website. My idea is to have a website that:

1. contains rich graphic contents including advertisement, pictures and flash files.

2. allows visitors to place orders, and the website will keep the orders, so that visitors can always come back and continue booking more (i know this can be done with cookies)

I want to do all this by JavaScript and/or ActionScript, and Flash components.

I need some suggestions on the structure of the website, the layout of pages, the logic of booking process flow.

Should I use frames for this website? or I should try to avoid it by using something else?

plz help
    Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life.

Quote Originally Posted by ssffcc
    Should I use frames for this website? or I should try to avoid it by using something else?
    Do not use frames, instead you can use includes. You'll need a serverside language and I would sugest ColdFusion. It's easy to learn and it works great!

Thx for ur suggestion, I have some knowledge on how to use server side technology such as PHP and MySql for this thing, however, I am trying to learn client side scripting more by doing this shoping cart site.

I have done some readings on the sample pages on the net, many of then use frames for shopping cart. maybe I try to start with frames
    Achievement provides the only real pleasure in life.

Thread Information