I'm assembling my site with FP 2000. All pages, layouts & elements were made in ImageReady & Photoshop. The rollovers in the base menu include a different pic coming up (not a pop up) when the cursor hovers above a particular word - along with the word's state change. Very...very common task.
Everything previews fine - until I start assigning hyperlinks to the menu buttons in FP. Now all of a sudden, the hyperlinks work - but all the rollovers, hovering, state changes, etc. are no more. The links work; but no state changes. If I remove the links, it returns to the way it's supposed to be.
I'm on the verge of pulling the hair out of my head, because I know there HAS to be a simple little "something" I'm missing & I can't find it. And I'm hoping there's somebody out there who can either 1) provide me with a clue/hint/answer or 2) provide me with a link to access where the answer to a similar question is.
For the record...
* There's minimal slice underlapping in IR
* To the best of my knowledge, the slice orders/ layers are the way it should be in IR
* Getting Flash, Dreamweaver, etc. aren't options at this time.
* I'm 85% gfx artist, 15% I.T. - with very little HTML knowledge.
* This is not my first site. But the one I'm working on now will remain unchanged for a long time. Site's currently offline.
* Whoever can help me out will get a word of thanks on my site for helping me out.
And thanks, folks, for even reading this. I appreciate your time. I hope to receive some answers.
This corrsponds to my previous entry. Hopefully, the Zip file enclosed will read okay...so you can at least see what I'm talking about.
If it opens up the way it should, please note that the only hyperlink I've asigned is "Fine Arts" (which demonstrates my problem). The other menu options (i.e. Comic Art, Cartoons) have not been assigned anything - so you can see the intended rollover effect. The "Profession" option is inactive right now.
If there is more I can do to help, please let me know. Thanks to everyone again!