www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help please. Downloading something easy to asp.

Help please. Downloading something easy to asp.

Does anyone know how to download a simple windows program onto a windows asp server? It has to be run on the server but it is very easy to download, I tried it on my computer. Thanks a lot. Butch.

Butch1, let me get this right. You have an .exe that you need to run on there server?
    Is this your server?
    Cant you just copy the .exe to the server?
    Why do you have to download it to the server?
    Is it a hosting company that you need to download it to?
    Where is the .exe currently at? Is it on a web site? Log onto the server, browse to the site and download it.

DOI! I hadn't thought of that. Thats too easy. Its a program on my computer, don't know if its an .exe, it doesn't say. Does it have to be in any special directory, or will any old directory that I make do. Your saying I can just transfer it over using ftp just like I do all my other web pages? Let me know, thanks a lot! This opens up a whole new world for me. B.

Just thought of something else, since its not on a computer how do I run it, since the launchers won't be in the all programs area of my computer?

well what does the application?

Is it your server or is it hosted by someone else? If its hosted by someone else im not sure if you going to be able to execute it.

Hi, its a program that is developed to run on asp. So I know there is no problem there. I am just having problems getting the programmers to answer questions on how to get it to asp, so I thought they wouldn't answer me because it was an ignorant question. Thought maybe you guys could tell me how to get it there. Once I get it there I can go to the next step of finding out how to execute it. Thanks.

Is this your server? or a hosting company?

What programmers? Im pretty sure the programmers would be answer the question to your problem.

And the way you make it sound, its almost like its a company owned server but your not the programmer and your trying to back door an appliction to run on the server. Its almost like your trying to bypass IT. Sounds like your going to piss some people off. Also if your not IT and i am correct on this, IT should have restricted your access to that server.

Geeze, not very nice of you to assume I am doing anything backhanded, I am not.

I already told you they weren't answering my question on how to get it to asp, simple as that. I don't need to tell you who they are to annoy them further. Just thought I'd ask here to see if you all would know since they are so slow in getting back to me, and thats what this forum is for. I'm sure you have asked questions to web sites without getting reples. B.

Butch, im trying to help man but you wont answer my questions.

Is this your sever? or a hosting company?
    Are you trying to convert a current desktop appliction and rewrite it with asp?

You need to explain better on what exaclty it is your trying to do. Its hard to answer you since i feel i dont have enough information to get a good idea of what it is your trying to do.

And it still sounds like your trying to do something that someone does not want you to do or im pretty sure they would of answered you by now.
    Last edited by lmf232s; 05-02-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Well why do you say things like this then, you did it again. "And it still sounds like your trying to do something that someone does not want you to do or im pretty sure they would of answered you by now."

I haven't answered that question because I don't understand it, there is nothing sneaky about it, your question makes no sense to me. A host and the server are the same thing to me.

I told you this is a program that goes on a asp server.

I have the answer anyway, I use ftp to get it there just like I do a web page.

Thread Information