www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Display Excel graph in ASP3.0 page

Unhappy Display Excel graph in ASP3.0 page

Hi,
    i am creating various charts(graphs,line,pie etc.) in excel sheet on the basis of various values.i want to show that chart(graph) on asp page. i want to just display that charts on web using asp. if i change any value acc. to that the graph will chage, that update graph should be seen in asp page. can any one tell me how to call that perticular excel file in asp page & display the graph which is show in that excel file on web using asp.

does it have to be in excel??
    I can have a pretty good and flexible COM component to make graphs in ASP.

Unhappy

i don't want to create any graph in asp. i want to just display graphs which i m creating in .xls file. so any user will visit the website & see that graph online.Also that .xls file will online, so i want to call that .xls file in my .asp page & show the graph which is in that .xls file.

Try using this at the top of your page :

<% Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" %>

There is some sort of way to set the source of this page to your excel file. But I don't have the time at this moment to look this up. (Maybe this evening).

But why don't you just link to your excel file directly??

thanx Terrorke for helping me. if i directly connect that .xls file then any one can modify it, for that purpose i want to just display it using .asp page. if u can give solution for me pls.

If you don't give permission to modify on your webserver knowone can change a thing.
    it then only can be save local at the user end.

But I will have a look if I can come up with a solution

thanx Terrorke for helping me.can it is possible that convert excel graph as .jpg or gif format & display as image on webpage.if possible then can u give me solution for that pls.

I'm not sure there is a technique to do this on the fly.

A work around is to take a printscreen of your worksheet and save it as an image.
    But I'm not sure if that suits your needs

hi,
    is it possible,in saveas webpage option there is facility publish as webpage.it is creating .htm file of excel sheet. that .htm file we ve to call in out .asp page.i ve tried this it works fine.but i ve update that .xls file then it is not updating changes in that .htm file. do u ve any idea about this , so my problem can be solved.

What you really want is to create a graph 'on the fly' whenever a user requests the page.

If I were you I would look at a component that can do this.
    I'm doing sort of the same thing in the application I'm building right now.

I use a COM componten to draw a graph. This component is called csDrawGraph and can be found at www.chestysoft.com

There are also other ways to do this. For example the Office Web Component

Here is an article about it. And another one.

Try searching the web. You will find usefull articles about it.

Grtz

thanx Terrorke.
    i don't want to generate graph dynamically using asp. i want to just show graph which will be created in excel.whenever values in excel sheet change , the graph will chage.so that whenever user will call .asp page , he can view that graph. i searched on web but i get how to generate graph dynamically.
    any solution for this

When you have the Excel sheet on your webserver, there has to be a way to display it on your page.

Maybe you can use an Iframe to do this?
    The code should look something like this :
    Code:
    <iframe src="yourExcel.XLS"></iframe>
    Via this code you will display the whole worksheet thou

Objectplanet

You could try http://www.objectplanet.com/easycharts/ for charts etc. I use em, and is fairly happy about their product.

Thread Information