dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hit Counter on limited-access and Intranet site

Hit Counter on limited-access and Intranet site

I have been searching high and low for a hit counter that does not access a database and that can be used on a limited access site (which is why I can't use a remotely hosted counter). I've tried the various counters (asp and php) that access a .txt file but then my users get permission denied errors which I believe is because the folder is not CHMOD to 777 but I'm not sure. I do not have access or permissions to change that though. Anyone have any ideas on how I can install a hit counter? I need it for both a Limited Access (Government) site and also an internal Intranet site.

do you have ftp access to ur site?

No, for the Intranet site, I edit directly from the server and for the limited access site, I login and copy and paste files. They don't allow ftping for some reason here where I work.

well tell them to change security on that folder. You can aslo use log analyzer if you have access to the log files!

I will try to see if I can get security changed on the Intranet folder after going through a bunch of "red tape". For the limited access site, they won't change it. I will research that log analyzer. Is there any particular one that you'd recommend? Thanks for your help btw.

Thread Information