www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Maybe the solution to all your problem lies in...

Thumbs up Maybe the solution to all your problem lies in...

... using Microsoft Frontpage 2003 or any later version if there is such.

I have a feeling that many of you are absolute beginners to html coding. Good thing is that you don't have to know every single thing about html. With Microsoft Frontpage 2003 you can create pages quickly and not worry about possible errors etc.

Hope you find my advice valuable.

take cover...i'm just going to stand over here...
    css/xhtml firefox dsl ubuntu

Yes, that and ignoring the existance of any browser but IE is no doubt the solution to all your problems.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Quote Originally Posted by dantol
    ... using Microsoft Frontpage 2003 or any later version if there is such....
    *SPLAT*

(That's the sound of coffee spraying out of my mouth and across the room in a spit take that Johnny Carson would have been proud of.)
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Hope you find my advice valuable.
    This is worse advice than to use a penknife instead of a pen in exams.

What the hell were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog
    *SPLAT*

(That's the sound of coffee spraying out of my mouth and across the room in a spit take that Johnny Carson would have been proud of.)
    Well Said!

I have a feeling that many of you are absolute beginners to html coding. Good thing is that you don't have to know every single thing about html. With Microsoft Frontpage 2003 you can create pages quickly and not worry about possible errors etc..
    It's my considered opinion that people should have to learn what they're doing before they do it - you don't let people drive before they take a few lessons, eh?

Jason

... using Microsoft Frontpage 2003 or any later version if there is such.....
    Such vile curse, -you wound us.
    I have spent many an hour re-doing pages created with Frontpage and similar ilk because they produce proprietarty property that do not work correctly in browsers other than IE (and often enough, don't work as intended on IE as well).
    You are of course entitled to your opionions. I do not share them.
    (And nod to NogDog for the coffee remark... [(_)/ a pot o' coffee refill?)
    Last edited by WebJoel; 05-12-2006 at 06:25 AM.

Yea, verly surely thy shalt repent for the utterance of such a vile jest... as using Frontpage for goodness.

WYSINWYG doesn't help you learn HTML and no I don't consider I am with the "...absolute beginners to [HTML] coding".

Though you will always remain so if you use such WYSINWYG tools and never gaze upon the mighty source.

Thread Information