www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Dreamweaver / Embeded Video

Dreamweaver / Embeded Video

Hi,

im putting together a web site and im tryin to embed sum video using the below code

<embed SRC="D:\000 College Work\Video\My Music Video2\video web page\Ace Of Spades Music Video FINAL" WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=300 AUTOPLAY=false CONTROLLER=true LOOP=false ></embed>

but when i preview it in the browser all i get is a little square showing a red square, green circle and a blue triangle

ne ideas plz

The problem comes from this line here....

SRC="D:\000 College Work\Video\My Music Video2\video web page\Ace Of Spades Music Video FINAL"

Your calling to a place on your hard drive locally. On top of that your in including anything about the file name of the file or it's file extention.

THe best bet here would be to put the video file in the same directory as your html page then have a very simple file name (something that says what the video is about) and link. Then besure to upload that movie and give it the same file name.

SRC="myvideo.avi"
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

if your website has been uploaded on a space, embedding anything from your hard drive would be useless, that results in that little box with a red cross...if you wanna embed a video, you will have to upload that video file to and link it from there.

Thread Information