dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Website designing

Website designing

Hello,

I am creating a flight booking system. I have seen some very nice websites that do this already.

I can do the coding for the booking system, but l am not very good at displaying all the graphical content that most websites seem to have.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials, where they demonstate how to do some of these websites.

My booking system will be in ASP.Net 2005 C#.

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

A flight booking system ? OMG !!! (sorry, non-constructive comment...)
    How many years do you have to finish the coding ? lol. (I work with the DCS and AMADEUS systems, I don't know if it rings a bell (it should), and I've never seen anything that complicated. Are you designing something that would connect to such a reservation system ? Like the airline system ?)
    I'm not so sure about what you mean about the graphical content. Do you mean the actual website ? The layout ? Or the graphics that might show a seat-map or a destination-map ?

Hello Ness_du_Frat,

Yes it is a flight booking system that will be using AMADEUS. Its only for a friend of my, as he is starting his own business in the flight booking system. So the system does not have to be that complicated.

The bit I was asking about was the graphical content of the website itself. I am not good with designing websites, I normally only do the coding. Do you know of any good tutorials that tell you have to create a good website.

Just another question for you, as you seen to know about flight booking systems. I was going to use the AMADEUS system to find available flights for customers online. Is the AMADEUS a web service that l can create a web reference to? Which is the best way to query their system?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

1) Get yourself a copy of Photoshop CS or CS2.
    2) Learn all the basic features (they're not that hard)
    3) Get some inspiration from other websites that you like
    4) I guess you could try some tutorials

Try:

http://www.pixel2life.com/tutorials/...bsite_Layouts/
    http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutori...p/web-graphics

Mmmm, regarding AMADEUS, I don't think it's available on the web. It connects itself to the airlines reservation systems, but...
    Honestly, all the computers at work are connected to a huge one in Zurich, which handles all the transactions. No internet connection is required, only network connection to the main computer.
    But, I'm mostly working with the DCS (same thing here).
    Anyway, good luck on the code, they took a lot of years to build DCS and PARS (PARS gives us access to the airline database we need. Amadeus connects itself to the PARS).

For the website, look around, have a look at the source code, try google. You should find some basic tutorials.

i think you should just look at some of the designs of existing websites to give you a mindful of what you want yours to look like..

The other alternative would be to download a template, sites like template monster have hundreds of designs to choose from. There are some free website templates sites out there freelayouts.com is one but if you search google you will see there is plenty to choose from.

If you decide to do the design yourself, look into using CSS layouts rather than table based layouts. There's a good starting tutorial at W3Schools

Thread Information