www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Search-engine Friendly URLs for Dynamic Content

Search-engine Friendly URLs for Dynamic Content

http://programmabilities.com/php/?id=33

i thought this was cool but was wondering if it worked...

Before I spent much time worrying about it, I'd want some up-to-date evidence that "Google is one of few search engines that indexes URLs containing question-mark "?" and similar symbols that are unique to dynamically served websites. Most search engines do not want to deal with such complicated URLs and as a result the dynamic content or pages that aren't easily discovered by following links may not get indexed."

It does not require a rocket scientist to create code to follow links that include a URL query string. In fact, you'd almost have to intentionally disallow them for them not to be followed.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Haven't gone through that link, but I have a quetion:
    If you are googling for eh... let's say "escroto con sabor a chocolate". The first 2 results you get have that same title and one of them is something like http://bleble.com/wiki/escroto-de-chocolate and the other one is something like http://blah.com/wiki?w-id=45684612384; which one will be on top??? and as a user which link would you follow???
    I don't read code if it's not enclosed in [ php][/ php] tags, so please, help me to help you and PUSH THE DAM' RED BUTTON (well, the one that says php)

As a Google user, I don't care what the link looks like, just if the title and the description look like what I'm searching for. The first one I'll click on is the first one I see that looks promising to me.

As to which one will be on top, that's driven by the dozens of factors that Google considers when ranking sites.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

"Google is one of few search engines that indexes URLs containing question-mark "?" and similar symbols that are unique to dynamically served websites. Most search engines do not want to deal with such complicated URLs "
    Just a quick look at an Apache log of a dynamic site disproves such an assumption. Maybe it was like that 7 years ago.
    Last edited by bokeh; 06-11-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Thread Information