dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My Page Uploads very Ugly

My Page Uploads very Ugly

Hi all , Ok , why does Our Page Upload like this?

i chose to Center my page on the screen , but i wonder why everything loads as if the text is trying to figure how to layout , is there any HTML that i can add that will fix this? also how can i setup my page properties to be best viewed for widescreen Monitors?

Thanks you

What do you mean by "uploads very ugly?"

When the site is loading , Text appears in the wrong places but then snaps to grid again , same goes to tables .. click the refresh Button to see that. thanks

This doesn't happen for me, in either Fx or IE. However, any problems that are evident could be attributed to this.

Good Luck -
    KDLA

am using Yahoo sitebuilder , and this accures when i check the box "Center my page" , otherwise how would i senter the page without this option.

Default page width is 760

O.k. I think by "upload" you must mean "load" (more accurately, you're talking about rendering, but that's not really the point). It's quite standard for browsers to start showing you part of the page before they finish thinking about the rest and this causes a jumping or flickering affect as you try to load the page, this is usually undectable or just doesn't happen but because Yahoo! Site Builder makes such a joke of HTML. It would take any browser a while to make sense of it.
    Apart from hardcoding or using a less horrific WYSIWYG, there's nothing you can really do about it.

Thanks for your input Guys, i was only trying to build a Pro looking Family website and i went the easyway with Yahoo's building tool , some Sites i visited do not preview the page unless it is fully loaded , and a small bar showing the download progress appears then the whole page appears at once , i guess this isnt doable with my software , i dont know wich way to go , but .. i thought it was going to be fun.
    Last edited by Madread; 06-12-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Oh it is fun, or at least it is for me. If you want to deal with this (very minor symptom of Yahoo! Page Builder's underlying crapness) then maybe starting afresh would be reasonable.
    You could choose from learning HTML + CSS (this takes a while but probably the most satisfying), using a program that creates relatively good code such as Amaya or spending lots of money on a program such as Dreamweaver wich would create o.k.-ish code (better than Page Builder's) and would make creating the site one of the easiest things you'll ever do.

Thread Information