www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please review my webzine

Please review my webzine

Hello all,

I have my webzine well on its way. Currently it does not display the menu perfectly in IE because of the positional CSS support, but it is still workable. Please come and tell me what you think.

The Other Rag

Yes the left menu needs some work and also are you using a php cms to add or edit the content ? or are you maintaining it manually ?
    Chris, Senior Developer,
    Php laravel developers,
    http://www.chrisranjana.com

Quote Originally Posted by chrisranjana
    Yes the left menu needs some work and also are you using a php cms to add or edit the content ? or are you maintaining it manually ?
    Actually, I know that IE7 will provide positional css support, and it is coming out this year, so I do not intend to change the menu. It already works in the next generation browsers and that is what is most important to me. I could do the same thing with a large png image map, but I dont want to sacrifice bandwidth for Microsoft Theyre just going to have to listen to the W3C from now on.

And the site is actually a web app that I created with ruby on rails. My own custom content management system. It runs and looks like a static site thanks to caching. However, all of the content is being pulled and formatted on the fly from a mysql database.

I know that I could have used phpnuke, however, I am going to have editors all over the state submitting content(including images), so security is very important to me. And I also wanted it really light weight and clean.

Whatya reckon

Well folks, I thought more of you would have an opinion. This is the first site that Ive ever launched publicly. Since yesterday I've had about fifty unique visits and six or seven people have bookmarked. Is this a good sign?

Thread Information