CGI Based Forum? looking for advice
what's up ...
I'm looking for a CGI based forum application with following function
- able to handle large scale customer log-in
- fee based link to certain part of forum (maybe fee based for forum log-in)
- multiple topics/categories
- user registration, profile editing, searching, user deactivation
- threads, email notification, topic subscription, template system
I have the following suggestions for a php forum and not cgi
vbulletin supports what you want. It's not that expensive.
well most forums are the saem but im looking for one where the user have to pay a fee in order to log-in. im not really a programmer, more the designer. so something easy to edit or someone who can do some editing on existing forums.
I read that, and vbulletin has the ability to do that.
If you want CGI,
go with eBlah,
it's completely made on Perl and needs no databases or anything.
Ikonboard is Perl based and runs on DBM or MySQL and other database types (which I can't remember ofhand), though doesn't have the 'fee based link' option included. The forthcoming release from the Ikonboard team will be worth the wait.
...And yes I know their ruddy server's down again.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)