www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Forms

Forms

Hi all. This is my first visit to this forum and I need help. I am very new to html and script writing. I have downloaded html scripts from javascript.internet.com to be able to add simple feedback forms to my website www.foto-artdesign.com The problem is I can get them to appear on the site but I can't get them to work i.e. send the message to my email address. Can someone help me set this up. I would be very grateful. I know its a pain for those experienced but we all have to start somewher. Also, do I need scipt on the actual server for this to work or will it work from embedded script on page alone? Thanks, Tony.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think you need to change the line
    <form name=form onSubmit="return checkFields();">
    to
    <form name="form" onSubmit="return checkFields();" action="mailto:sales@foto-artdesign.com">

This will display a warning box to the user, then send the email using their mail client. Alternatively, find out if you can get a server-side script to submit the email from your website host.

Hope this helps

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

Thanks Adam for replying. Your last comment is I think what I need. Where can I get the script? I would prefer the customer to write message in a form and send directly from the form, not open up default email.

Tony.

It depends on what languages you have available on your server, such as PHP, ASP or Perl. Find out which server-side languages your host supports, then search for a "form-to-mail" script in that language.

Adam
    "If youíre not using valid HTML, then you havenít created a Web page. You may have created something else, but it isnít a Web page." - Joe Clark

Do something amazing (USA) | Make Poverty History

Thanks Adam. I have PHP. I will see what I can do.

Cheers, Tony.

Thread Information