www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] learning ASP.NET - best way to do it, best resources

resolved [RESOLVED] learning ASP.NET - best way to do it, best resources

Hello,

I have installed the .NET framework on my WinXP Pro machine. I have installed Web Matrix as well as an tool to write the code.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips/ideas as the best way to learn it? What sources did you use for example scripts?

Cheers,
    Picco

Picco,
    at this time I would suggest installing .NET 2.0 and using the Visual WebDeveloper Express (VWD - FREE and better than webmatrix ever was) and using this to learn .NET with. While 1.1 is still a great resource to learn with, since you are just getting into the game, I suggest 2.0. You will find tons of articles about development with VWD as it is very similar to the full versions of Visual Studio 2005. Another thing I would suggest is a good ASP.NET 2.0 Book. These can be very valuable not only as a learning tool, but a reference as well. I can personally recommend Professional ASP.NET 2.0. I have read this book myself and I found it to be very informative.

Here is the link to Visual Web Developer. You can take a feature tour as well as I believe some tutorials straight from there.

I hope this help you along your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by crmpicco
    Hello,

I have installed the .NET framework on my WinXP Pro machine. I have installed Web Matrix as well as an tool to write the code.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips/ideas as the best way to learn it? What sources did you use for example scripts?

Cheers,
    Picco

Thread Information