dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Website Proposal

Website Proposal

Hello, Can anyone give me any ideas about how to write a good Website Business proposal? Some of my concerns are as follows:

What are the main things I must address in a Website Proposal?

Must I include a budget and how do I present it, in detail or show only the main categories?

Can the proposal along with a letter of agreement serve as the contract that governs the roles and responsibilites of both parties or is it advisable to draw a separate document to serve the purpose?

Thanks guys!

--
    Last edited by abi19; 07-10-2006 at 04:10 AM.

Include the following:

1. Project Scope - list all the scope and limitations of the website,
    2. Project Development Cost and Schedule (timetable) - state programmers/designers cost either per working day or package pricing
    3. Web Server and Hosting Costs - this is only if you'll outsource the hosting but if not, present how much the requirements will be including sw and hw required.
    4. Overall Expenses - sum of all the fees.
    5. Web Development Agreement:
    a. Services
    b. Timetable
    c. Website Specification
    d. Fee
    e. Payment Schedule
    f. Special Conditions
    g. Notices (Client and Developers name with address and contact details: SIGNED)

Date of signing.

hope this helps

Thumbs up

hey, thanks for that abi19!
    it does help.

I might add to this (or make sure that it is included in the "special conditions" sub-section): "DISBURSMENTS".
    That is to say, money that YOU the web-page builder, have to shell-out for completion of the site. Maybe you need to purchase a special logo graphic from a professional image site like gettyimages.com, or have to hire-out some extensive PhotoShop work to repair and improve some image that the client has provided, (like a 100-year old family portrait that you are unable to treat), etc.
    These are "disbursements". Typically, I make sure that the client knows about these and that we set an agreement as to amount: e.g., under $25.oo, I go ahead and buy/purchase item and add that cost to their final bill. Over $26.oo, I get their approval first (and discuss other cost-options and the need for item, etc), and for sure, if the disbursement is over $50.oo, it is billed directly to them (not paid-up-front by me, billable to them later). This latter item ensures that I'm not paying for some hundred or many-hundred dollar item or photo-service/other service and have to wait a few months for project completion to bill the client and redeem my cost...

Think about it.

-Joel
    Last edited by WebJoel; 07-10-2006 at 08:07 PM.

smart, a clause in a contract that addresses speciality work charges would be good.

good advice guy's. now i have to re-address my own proposals.....hahahaaa

Glad you liked my idea, -although the idea is what my professor taught us to do when doing web proposals.

I did a web site and we (the client & myself) found a nice graphic from a popular image site that we both liked, and the royalty release for use of that image was a paultry $50.oo for 'shared use' (meaning that the site will continue to sell the image to anyone else at that price), OR the dedicated ownership price of that single image was several hundred dollars, meaning that WE would then own the image and the site would no longer be selling this image. -Essentially, we'd have purchased the exclusive rights to that image.
    We elected of course to just let me use my digital camera and make our own image, which was essentially a free service I did for the client because it is just basically point-and-shoot and download to pc, edit with PhotoShop, -and voila!. My images wasn't as nice as the professional one though, but it was *ours*, it was acceptible, the price was right and there was no copyright concerns.

yeah, i tend to take my own photos as well. Don't forget sites like http://www.sxc.hu/ for free photos with limited license and http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php for cheap images.

Thread Information