www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Are there Wc3 Filename standards?

Are there Wc3 Filename standards?

Are there Wc3 Filename standards? I searched the Wc3 website and I couldnt find any info, are there any guidines about how files should be named?

Thanks

Not as such but there are sensible tips: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/ since certain characters are not allowed in filenames, etc.

A filename should be irrelevant, but thanks to a buch of idiots for whom I hold little regard, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wellock View Post
    Not as such but there are sensible tips: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/ since certain characters are not allowed in filenames, etc.
    Nothing about file names on that page

I think he was referring to the Choose URIs wisely article. While not specifically directed at filenames, the filename is technically part of the URI.

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberWind View Post
    I think he was referring to the Choose URIs wisely article. While not specifically directed at filenames, the filename is technically part of the URI.
    Quite.
    I still don't think it's relevent to the OP's query. It was about file names, not paths.
    Can I offer anything other than criticism? Nope. Can't find anything at the site about file naming conventions. So I guess the short answer is "No".

Sorry to bump an old thread but having worked on some nightmare projects it's good to have some sort of convention to your filenames. I tend to stick to camel case lettering, with images in the format <type><subject><colour> or something like that, eg:

iconItunesWhite.gif
    chevArrowUp
    chevArrowDown
    logoApple
    logoCompanyname

Thread Information