www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: W3C validator

W3C validator

I have a client that I trying to get their eblast to be valid xhtml, so I'm getting her to check it in the http://validator.w3.org she is getting a completely different message than me; its says

'Validation failed sorry, I am unable to validate this document because its content is text/plain which is not currently supported...'

When I do it, it give a list of errors, I got her to make sure the content="text/html; is that and not content="text/plain; and to add
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    to the top of the page. Still she gets the same message. Does anyone know whats going on here or are there any other validators I can use?

Thanks

It's a file header that the server is sending. I bet if you visit the page she uploaded using the Firefox Web browser, you'll see the HTML source code, not the Web page. The web server that is serving the HTML file is sending content-type: text/plain in the file header instead of content-type: text/html.

Shes got it working now cheers, shes now asking me what the errors mean even though it says exactly what to do!

Thread Information