www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A way to watch movies only online not to download them

A way to watch movies only online not to download them

Hi everyone,
    Can you tell me how to make visitors of my site only to watch movies online not to download them?

You can check here. I use their MP3 player and it has an option to not allow downloads. I'm not sure about the videos.
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

10x that should do the trick

Just a heads up, no video or audio you get off the net is "not downloadable"
    You can only make it harder.
    My Site
    Web Design On Linux: Sure It Takes Longer To Get It Right In IE, But Who Really Cares?

Actually there is a way that the Wimpy Player does it:

"Streams binary mp3 file to wimpy.swf by passing the file through PHP. This prevents mp3 files from being cached on end users computer."
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Thats great, but just fire up a program like Audacity, set the input to "Stereo Mix" or "Wave Out" depending on your machine, press record then press play.
    Poof, mp3.

Now, with video it is harder since wmp and the like can write directly to video memory, but most of the binary stream formats for video have been reversed. I point you to the MMS devouring SDP among others.

My point here is if it is played back on your local machine, then the content can be captured. The best you can do is encrypt it. For audio, there isn't even much point to that. You just inconvienience (sp?) the pirate
    My Site
    Web Design On Linux: Sure It Takes Longer To Get It Right In IE, But Who Really Cares?

Ah, yes, but that is recording, not downloading in the cache. In that respect, you're correct. Anything can be recorded.
    Lee

The difference seems academic to me, its just adding one more piece of pipe for the stream of bits to pass through on their way to the hard drive.

Regardless, content is never safe once it's sent.
    My Site

I only say it because the general Internet user is not savy enough to know about the recording aspect so it's just another "short-term" stop gap measure.

I always paraphrase the Las Vegas commercial: "Whatever is placed on the Internet, stays on the Internet." In other words, once you place something for others to see/hear/watch, it will never go away. There is always a cache version in the search engines or on the wayback archive. And there are always ways to copy or record what's out there. But it's the same in the physical world also. If somebody wants something bad enough, they'll get it.
    Lee

Thread Information