www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: MySQL problem with xampp and wamp

MySQL problem with xampp and wamp

It first started with xampp, so I downloaded wamp, but it happened again.

After successfull start of mysql, I verify that in task menager, it freezes, and i can't do anything with it, I can't connect with myslq command from command promt nor using phpmyadmin and with xampp I can't even shut it down. Error message is: 2003 "could not connect to mysql server" or something like this. I tried to reinstall, both xampp and wamp, then checked whole registry with regedit and registry mechanic but nothing helped. Stangelly sometimes it works like nothing ever happened.

please post the exact error message. what is your username/password in mysql and are you sure you're giving it the right values?
    Acceptable Use | SQL Forum FAQ | celery is tasteless | twitter

celery is tasteless - currently needing some UI time

Error message is: 2003 "server did not respond", username is root and I didn't change password so it is still empty (no password) and I'm sure I'm giving the right values. I also tried to run it when firewall (outpost) and antivirus (AVG free) were shut down, and I've done antivirus and antispyware scans just to make sure.

are you sure the server's running and you're trying to connect on the right port?

Server is running, I'm sure. I can load the index page (I type localhost or 127.0.0.1 in my browser) and everything but mysql works. I try to connect to mysql by using phpmyadmin from the wamp's index page, how can port be wrong?

But like I said sometimes it works fine.

hi

just because apache is running doesn't mean that mysql is running. take a look in windows services and verify that mysql is set for auto run and that it is currently running.

as for port, look for my.ini somewhere on your system. it's very possible that it has a different port than you might think.

now when you say that sometimes it is working, there has to be something in your system that is not running that causes this. do you reboot w/ antivirus and firewall off?

Problem solved (at least I hope so). Problem was my firewall (Outpost), it was configured not to load with system because I'n not online all the time. mysql service was active but did not respond. After starting firewall it worked normally, and continues to work after firewall is shut down.

Thread Information