www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Create html email

Create html email

How can I create html email? I need images and everything to appear in the BODY of the email, not as attachments.

I use a Mac GS Powerbook and Entourage 2001 for my email. With Entourage I can send a html file which I created in Dreamweaver but the images do not appear to the recipient.

Is there another step I need to take to make sure the images are either fully embedded or else accessible by the reader? e.g. post them to a URL? If so, how?

I know I can insert a link to a URL from the email, but again, I need design elements in the body of the email itself.

Not a techie, obviously. Please keep the ideas simple! Thanks.

Your email has to link to the images on a webserver to be shown to the viewer.

I.e. http://www.klyve.com/email/imagename.gif

As for posting to a URL, you'll need an ftp programme like cuteftp

Thanks, Klive1

So my email has to link to an address online. When you say I need an ftp program. Will Dreamweaver work?

By the way - my response is slow because my mac has crashed and until I get it fixed I'm having to cruise libraries.

I don't know if this will work, but you might be able to send the images as attachments and link to those. Don't ask me how to do that!

How can I create html email?
    In whichever e-mail program you use, look for the option to choose between sending as Plain Text and Rich Text (HTML). Choose rich text and then send the source of your page as the message body. Any IMG elements must reference an image somewhere on the Web.
    for(split(//,'))*))91:+9.*4:1A1+9,1))2*:..)))2*:31.-1)4131)1))2*:3)"'))
    {for(ord){$i+=$_&7;grep(vec($s,$i++,1)=1,1..($_>>3)-4);}}print"$s\n";

If I am not mistaken, when you add any code to an like add an image, or a internet address etc, the e-mail becomes html active.
    I use copy/paste rather than an attachment. The image is viewable before you and after the mailing. No need to upload it to a site.

Here are ways that you can use if you don't have an internet address.

You might be able to make a web page and copy-paste it to the e-mail, but you will have to copy-paste the images in the right places later so they can be sent with the e-mail.

You can also make a page for instance in Microsoft Publisher, and mail it from within. Or, use what they call "Stationery", do a search for information on it.

Thread Information