dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Creating multiple testing sites in IIS6

Creating multiple testing sites in IIS6

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is a way to create more than one testing site using IIS6 on Windows XP Pro?

If not, what would I need in order for me to have more than one local testing site? (for example - would I need to switch to something like Windows 2000 / NT (which I hasten to add I know nothing about )

Thanks
    Kessa

Also, just FYI -
    A little while ago I wanted to use absolute links (to the site root) to reduce the amount of maintenance that I had to do across the site so I changed the IIS setting so that it would recognise "/whatever" instead of having to do"../whatever", "../../whatever", etc.

Not sure if this will effect things but if needs be I can change it back as being able to test multiple sites from IIS is more important to me at the moment.

can only make one site on xp pro at a time.

but no reason u cant make as many as u want then change the local path under the home directory tab of iis snap-in.

in other words, say u have 3 sites:
    c:\mySite1
    c:\mySite2
    d:\anotherSite

go to iis snap-in, right-click default web site, click properties, go to home directory tab and change the local path to whichever site u want running.

your enabling parent paths shouldn't break anything.

You can also work with virtual directories under the home directory and ceate a sort of mapping structure.

Thread Information