dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: !-- InstanceBeginEditable --

!-- InstanceBeginEditable --

I'm trying to edit a webpage for somone, and alot of the code apears to be commented out (but isn't). It says:

HTML Code:
    <!-- InstanceBeginEditable -->
    and

HTML Code:
    <!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
    And I can only edit between these lines.

What does this mean, and why can't I edit any code?!

How do I disable whatever this is?

It's a template and you'll need to edit it either in "template" or "page master" mode in the original environment or you'll need to just use a text editor.

If I edit with a text editor, is there a line that needs removed to make it behave normally when I open it again in Dreamweaver?

I'm not sure I understand this template concept.... Can I do a 'convert to normal page' function or something?

A year later -- I know this is an old post, but I just joined the forum after stumbling over this.

Open the page in a text editor, such as notepad.

There should be a line at the top, something like:

<!-- InstanceBegin template="/Templates/TemplateName.dwt" codeOutsideHTMLIsLocked="true" -->

Change the true to false, or if you dont want to use the template, remove the line altogether.

Hi vol7ron, and welcome!

Thanks for your reply... I had forgotten about this one. I think I must have managed somehow, but don't remember what I did.

I don't actually use Dreamweaver anymore... I switched to Kdevelop after switching all my computers to Linux.

Hopefully this solution will help someone else in the future whose having the same problem.

-N

Funny, I am dealing with the same exact problem right now. I am going to try to open the page in TextEdit (I'm on a Mac) and try the method above. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thread Information