www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Accessible CMS

Accessible CMS

Does anybody know any accessible open source cms packages available? I have been using my own self built one, but the pages to not validate due to the use of header variables in the name, for example: shownews.php?id=162

I have noticed some sites (which i presume are run through a cms) use on the fly html pages - like 1231243.html etc and these seem to validate fine.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

I use postnuke on my site http://www.canadianyouthworker.com

Note: It doesn't validate right now, but if you take a look you'll see that there are just some minor items I need to fix.

Seems good. How is it to use?

There is a learning curve. Once you understand the basic file structure and theming you are set. What are the major features you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by iambaz
    I have been using my own self built one, but the pages to not validate due to the use of header variables in the name, for example: shownews.php?id=162
    You might want to dig into mod_rewrite
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Thanks for that Dave, maybe that could be the answer to my problems. I will look into it!

Sae: My two main criteria are that the software must create fully accessible pages and also the WYSIWIG editor must support Japanese and Russian characters as well as Latin. I think this is pretty standard as they are unicode characters but I could be wrong.

The site will be relatively simple and there will not be much user interaction. Things like votes and ratings etc will not be used. Fundamentally the system needs to be able to add/edit/delete page content in a as simple as possible manner - that's pretty much it - I dont know if postnuke may be a little 'overkill' for what i need.

Quote Originally Posted by iambaz
    I dont know if postnuke may be a little 'overkill' for what i need.
    Ya, I know what your saying.

Thread Information