dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Please Help Us To Save Ana

Hybrid View

resolved [RESOLVED] Please Help Us To Save Ana

I am posting this on behalf of our friend and longtime administrator/moderator, Pete Senarighi (CompguyPete). If you visit webedeveloper.com, or virtualdr.com, you most likely know him.

In June of 2006 Pete learned that his 11 year old daughter, Andriana (or Ana), has a brain tumor, and that because of its position and intertwining with the brain and brain stem, it is inoperable.

Therefore, the only treatment option open to them is chemo-therapy. Unfortunately, being self-employed, Pete does not have health insurance, and is currently faced with more than $25,000 in medical bills from the battery of tests performed, which he simply does not have the means to pay.

Andriana has begun chemo-therapy, and Pete has applied for various types of financial assistance, but these are by no means guaranteed, nor are they timely solutions, so we are asking those who visit our forums if they would like to assist.

Toward that end we have set up a paypal account and secured a domain name, oneana.com, where visitors can make donations via paypal, and help this family through this very difficult time. Thank you.

Sincerely, JPnyc

When I was four years old, I had a brain tumor removed. Mine was a 'free floater' that had a smooth surface and had not begun to 'branch out'. I remember it all, very clearly. The shuffle between doctors, being told that I had 'school nerves' explained my 'unusual behavior' in kindergarden class (I would just suddenly 'fall asleep' at inappropriate times, sometimes would stutter and slur my speech to the point that teachers thought I was 'playing games', etc). ...Finally, a smart doctor recognized that I had a tumor, and within days, I was scheduled for an emergency radical operation in Rochester, NY to remove the tumor. When I arrived, the immediate assessment was that I'd be dead within 72 hours if they didn't operate...

The tumor that was removed was 'the size of a small tangerine', I would later be told when I was old enough to ask questions about that part of my life.
    I survived. The best guess at the time was that after surgery I'd be partially paralized or mentally retarded, but turned out not to be the case. Quite the opposite, in fact. I rebounded practically the next day. -I wanted to live! This little girl needs to live. Pray for her. There's still time. Please donate. I know that I will.
    I remember my dad telling me how delighted he was to receive the much appreciated donations in the postal mail from far-off family, friends, and even people unknown to him whom had heard or read about my case and wished to help. -Donations as little a $5.00 or $10.oo made the difference in terms of gas money so mom & dad could drive the 75-mile each way journey to come visit me daily, as well as helping with medical and other daily expenses. Collectively every dollar benefited our family, and myself most directly. Let's help this little girl.

I'm sorry that this message is about me, but it's really about Ana. Help Save Ana.

-Joel
    Last edited by WebJoel; 09-06-2006 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks, people are contributing. We're making progress although we have a long way to go to meet even the preliminary medical expenses, and they're always growing.

There are a lot of charities that assist in this sort of thing, did you look into that?

Pete's already applied for lots of different types of financial assistance, but they're all just pieces of the puzzle. Only one's been approved so far. In the meantime, this'll help keep them going.

I don't mean financial assistance, there's a difference between a hospital program and a registered charity. These things exist just for reasons like this. I will do some research because I agree she needs all the help she can get.

Where I live, people get shot. I need to move.
    The hospital dealing with the problem should be approached for a suitable payment plan that is not going to break the bank in payments. Charities and church organisations as well as contacting specific organisations for assistance should not be dismissed.

Which school did the little lady go to, get them involved with some help for fund rasing and possible sources of help even if it is only information...

I've already sent best wishes for Ana but I'll send it again as I've known Pete for around 5 or 6-years.

My prayers are with little anna, I wish that I could donate but money as with most are tight. I will however get my friends and family to pray for her.

St. Jude's Hospital is exclusively for children and advertises that no one ever pays anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jackacohen
    St. Jude's Hospital is exclusively for children and advertises that no one ever pays anything.
    Actually, they say that "...no patient is ever turned away for their inability to pay". There is a bit of a distinction there. They do accept pay for their services. Just sometimes, they have to reply upon alternate sources (charity donations, philanthropic, etc.) And sometimes, they waive the cost and just do it pro~bona because it's the right thing to do, to save the child's life.

I just joined this board, and I use it mainly to read read what you experts say, because I am in no way experienced enough to become a contributor, but is there any word on how much money the board community has contributed so far? A sign of progress can be inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by blutter
    is there any word on how much money the board community has contributed so far?
    http://www.oneana.com/ has a graphic showing how much has been contributed in total.

For all of you here that have taken such a great interest and proactive hand in helping Ana Senarighi, her dad Pete told me seconds ago that they just got the results of the 1st MRI done since chemo treatments began, and the tumor is significantly smaller. The doctor feels that 3 more chemo treatments should kill it. It's rougly "pea-sized" now, according to her dad.

Thank you SO much one and all for your help, it looks like this young girl is going to recover.

We still need to try and raise what we can, since the bill total, always growing, is now over $50,000, but now we have reason for strong hope!

Thanks one and all, JPnyc.

Sending best wishes from the UK...is there a happy ending to this story? I know families that have had kids in this position, and the emotional upheaval is enough to deal with, never mind the financial burdens. The US really need to get to grips with a National Health Service. Ours is by no means perfect, but at least parents have got somewhere to turn no matter how much money is in the bank!

Thread Information