www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Pay-Per-Click script

Pay-Per-Click script

Hi there,

I need a Pay-Per-Click script that is capable of tracking backlinks, so it can give those a discount. Anyone got an idea?

Jochem
    "to live = to learn"

"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page. The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page. In basic link terminology, a backlink is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node (Björneborn and Ingwersen, 2004). Backlinks are also called incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links.

Thanks for the explaination PCTHUG! I did a quick check on Hotscripts.com, but so far I didn't see anything useful.

Cheers, Jochem
    "to live = to learn"

Most pay-per-click systems have each participating site assigned a unique ID string, which that site must then include as a URL query string variable/value in links, e.g.:
    Code:
    <a href="http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?referer=x12bks35df2g">Click Me</a>
    Then in the PHP page, the $_GET['referer'] variable would have the value which you would use to query your database to see who the referer is and what discount should be creditied, etc.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information