dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Remote MySQL access, how?

Unhappy Remote MySQL access, how?

Hello,
    I m not sure and never tried it before, is connecting to another MySQL hosted on different server (remote) can be done same way locally? if not, then how to allow accessing mysql from different server.?
    thanks in advance

You just use the domain name or ip of the remote MySQL server as the first argument to mysql_connect() but the server must be configured to allow remote connections otherwise you will need to use a tunnel.

So, is the configuration can be made through htaccess, I mean to allow certain ip or domain to access the database?
    would you mind post a link on this topic if you have, I did some search and already not sure,
    I appreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by zoromaskcoming
    So, is the configuration can be made through htaccess, I mean to allow certain ip or domain to access the database?
    That is not what I said. I didn't say certain domains are allowed to access the DB, I said "use the domain or IP" [of the SQL server]. Each MySQL server has an IP and if there are any domains pointing at that IP these could be used instead of the IP. Where the connection emanates from is irrelevant.

The MySQL server itself must be configured to accept incoming connections via these channels rather than just from localhost. This has nothing to do with .htaccess which is pure a configuration file for Apache webservers.

Thread Information