www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: shtml??

shtml??

allo, well not too sure if this goes here but it concerns html so..

i was recently turned on to the idea of shtml for my site and i cant seem to find any places that tell me exactly how it works and or the direct coding that is necesary to make it work.. can any one explain that to me?

not sure if i provided enough information or not, if not just ask and ill try and improve it as much as possible.

When someone says SHTML they are usually referring to the extension must commonly used with Server Side Includes (SSI) (read this).

I prefer using PHP includes myself, since PHP has more capabilities than SSI.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

ah thanks.. now if only i had the time to learn php nah but thanks for teh link and info

You're welcome

You don't need to know much PHP to use it.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Thread Information