dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Reset IE Page Counter?

Question Reset IE Page Counter?

OK, here is the scoop. We use an ASP page to generate reports using data from a MS SQL backend. The user goes to a page, enters an item number to print their report(s) on, and then selects the report(s) that they would like to print using check boxes. The problem is, if a user selects two 3 page reports, the header prints out as "Page 1 of 6, 2 of 6..........." etc. I would like it to print "Page 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3" for each of the reports. So, my question is, is there a way to get IE's page counter to reset at the end of each report that it generates? Thanks in advance for any info that anyone can provide!

I've not been able to control that. What I did, instead, was include my own footer.

Therein lies another problem. That was my original thought, but the data is being outputted as tables, so you never know really where the bottom of the page will be to insert a footer

Is it something you can control with CSS? (page-break:after) Or are the tables always likely to span more than one page?
    KDLA

Let me give you a little bit more info. If the user checks a box for more than one report, each report is separated by a CSS pagebreak so that the individual reports do not bleed together. However, the tables are such that for some items it may output 15 rows and for others you may get 70..............so its all over the place.

Thread Information