dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Help me to choose a single word, i.e. a part of site's title

resolved Help me to choose a single word, i.e. a part of site's title

My main website variant: "index.html" is entitled "Tadej's website" for quite some time now (oh, and recently changed to "Tadej's computing website"), while the futile/not-updated-anymore variants's titles begin with "Ivan's homepage" (see here for example: "index.html"), while for other past titles see the "website.html" page, btw. previously I was using "homepage" instead of "website" for a long time ...

And yesterday after making a few Google searches: Google Search: Tadej's website, Google Search: Tadej's homepage, Google Search: Ivan's website, Google Search: Ivan's homepage, I've discovered that I in fact have a sort of a "competition" that I wasn't aware of until now.

Now I am thinking about changing the "website" part in a title of my main website variants (i.e. as mentioned, the ones being titled "Tadej's website") to something else.

I was thinking about for instance: "Tadej's domain", "Tadej's realm", "Tadej's corner" etc. titles; of course, I'll first check them with Google, but anyway, what do you think about them in general ??!

P.S. -- If you want to, please see the The style of titles of separate site's pages thread, which is another such interesing "website title related" thread that I've opened here on WebDeveloper forum.

tayiper
    Last edited by tayiper; 10-07-2006 at 09:12 PM. Reason: minor fixes
    If you want, please check out my main site: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com/ (XHTML/CSS, W3C-valid), and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules ...

I like Realm and Corner.

You seem to have divitis. I hope you get well soon.
    Learn CSS. | SSI | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Dynamic Site Solutions

Design/program for Firefox (and/or Opera), apply fixes for IE, not the other way around.

Check out my blog.

Mule, mule is an excellent word. Just feel it roll off the tounge, muullle.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Tadej's Kingdom.

OK, thanks all for the replies; btw., I was thinking also about "Tadej's website online" (or something like that), i.e. with the use of the word "online" ...

tayiper
    If you want, please check out my main site: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com/ (XHTML/CSS, W3C-valid), and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules ...

Maybe just one more thing; which is better in your opinion: "Tadej's website" or "Tadej's computing website" ??

P.S. -- You know, I am thinking of adding the word "computing" so that it would be obvious from the title already what the site is all about !!

tayiper

Thread Information