dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: manage e-mail with asp.net component

manage e-mail with asp.net component

My current webhost provides limited web-based e-mail management, but at the same time does provide unlimited number of pop3 accounts.

I would like to offer my clients the ability to compose, send, receive, store, sort and filter e-mails using an interface with my company brand on it. Is the best solution to add an e-mail application to my web application which allows me to do all this (something along the lines of this e-mail application retrieving the e-mails from my host's server and storing them in a database on my application).

I hope I have made myself clear, if so what are my best options? Are there components available in ASP.NET that provide a solution to this? Would a web service be able to provide this functionality.

Thanks in advance for any help

wastlinger

hi,
    yes, ASP.NET has messaging services, MSMQ that has been developed to handle messagign services from within the ASP.NET framework. I haven't built anything in .NET using this so can't help you with code i'm afraid. As far as your web host providing this they will let you use the classes but you will need to write the application yourself. As far as getting this somewhere for nothing, i very much doubt it, but if you do find an application to do this for free then please let us know, thx.

Am willing to pay

I am happy to pay for a component which allows me to do this. Any suggestions where best to look.

Thanks for response

wastlinger

Hi,
    such a new thing ASP.NET not sure if any would be available commercially. I think you will have 2 options here, 1) if you know ASP.Net build it yourself 2) Pay someone to build you one.

Thread Information