www.webdeveloper.com

View Poll Results: I ask again: What's the best image editor around?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adobe PhotoShop 7

18 81.82%
  • Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8

1 4.55%
  • Ulead PhotoImpact 8

1 4.55%
  • Microsoft Paint for Windows

2 9.09%

Thread: What's the greatest?

Hybrid View

Thumbs up What's the greatest?

What's the greatest program for image editing?
    Power-ups to the people!

mmm... I think it's got to be paint...

seriously though, are we balancing price with features or just features?
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

I voted for Photoshop, and I don't even have it...

Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business website: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com/
    TypeSpace http://www.typespace.org/

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

ooooh, I didnt notice PSP 8... if it were 7, I'd vote for it, but 8... wow

Exclamation

PhotoShop is the best, and we're careless of price, it's feature's that count here guys.
    Power-ups to the people!

Originally posted by pyro
    I voted for Photoshop, and I don't even have it...
    I haven't got it either so I don't know what features it supports but hey. at that price it must be good.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

I'd say Photoshop, for sure. Who cares about prices? You can get them for free.
    Patience is a virtue that I do not have.

Photoshop is to expensive & much to complicated for doeing small things that you can do in 3 clicks with psp...
    But in any case photoshop is much more complete & more professionnal !!!!

Who cares about prices? You can get them for free.
    This is terrible thinking... Imagine you will work hours on something & people will crack it behind you & sell it what would you think ??? to bad man...
    Try it , if you like it Buy IT !!!!!!

I think you can crack Bill's stuff who is monoplising everybody !, thats no problem :P..but not the others..:O)!!!
    cheers

asch
    :

What's Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 like? how does it compare to Photoshop 7 or Macromedia products? I guess I've never really heard of it...

Originally posted by Asch
    Imagine you will work hours on something & people will crack it behind you & sell it what would you think ??? to bad man...
    Try it , if you like it Buy IT !!!!!!
    [/B]
    One of the reasons I wouldn't make things to sell.
    Patience is a virtue that I do not have.

What's Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 like? how does it compare to Photoshop 7 or Macromedia products? I guess I've never really heard of it...
    I own PSP 7, and I love it and use it every day because it's what I'm used to. I've heard that PSP 8 is horrible and a waste of time, I'm not sure why. Photoshop is the ultimate tool, it has more built-in effects and better tools. However, for the young graphic designer who doesn't own a car yet (me), PSP is the perfect solution - you can use all the plugins that you can get for Photoshop in PSP. Eventually I'll get bumped into Photoshop before I start working for somebody who has it!
    - Ian

Originally posted by freefall
    I've heard that PSP 8 is horrible and a waste of time, I'm not sure why.
    I think it's wicked. The background eraser tool is fantastic. They've modified the interface on the color and texture system slightly, I think for the better.

Anyway steven, go to www.jasc.com and download the evaluation version. When you open it first it will ask you what file types you wish to associate it with, so deselect them all and it won't interfere with your system.

PS I run 7 and 8 beta on my machine.

Photoshop 7 is unbelievable! Between Adobe products along with Macromedia's Software,
    I am in web dev heaven!

I'm gonna have to go with Macromedia Fireworks MX. (At least for web graphics) You can't beat working in vector! And the built in animation is pretty cool too.

Thread Information