www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: image swap with CSS?

image swap with CSS?

Thanks to gil, I hear there is also a CSS solution to my problem (because I know nothing of Javascript lol) I just need an image of a rolled up scroll, to be switched with one of a scroll unrolling and then stopping when you mouseover, and then maybe rolling back up again and stopping when u mouse out or click or whatever. The site's template is for Joomla CMS, and consists of divs, not tables, and is linked to a stylesheet for these divs. The image for the static gif(rolled up scroll) is in the stylesheet ( #scroll {background-color: none; background-image: url(../images/staticscroll.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:20px 0px;position: absolute;...} This div is positioned absolutely to appear over all the other divs so the image in it- scroll- is over everything else. If u need to see more of my code just let me know, thank you.

What we need is a link to your sample.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Not trying to be dense here, but do you mean my site? becasue it isn't actually out on the net, I have JSAS (a stand alone server) so it's really just in my own computer to check as I learn and make it. If you mean it's CSS code, I could image shack a print screen of it I guess.. thanks for responding ray326

Well the only way to do image swap with CSS is through background images. About the best thing I could suggest without a link is go to http://alistapart.com and search for image swap and similar things there.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Thanks, on my way.

Thread Information