www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Ask about webdevelop

Ask about webdevelop

i am new to this site and I want to ask you whoever can answer or help me out. I been screamed myself out and feel loser....

I been working on web in wordpad and not sure if i need the technology like FTP to support the web ?? or just set up the domain name to relate to web to starts with ??

What is webdelevoper ?? what is web hosting ?? what is not alike ??

Hello Jens. Just curious, what is your main language? spanish?

You need to have webhosting to show your website to the world. You would upload your files to teh webhost (or web server) using ftp.

If you get webhosting but not a domain name you have a working website but if somone wanted to go to it they would have to go to the address of the webserver which wouldn't make much logical sense. It would be something like http://192.168.0.1/Jens/index.html Since we are used to seeing web addresses like www.google.com you need to buy a domain name and redirect it to the webserver. The domain name would redirect to your webserver by using nameservers (each webserver has it's own nameserver)
    Last edited by sae; 10-20-2006 at 01:09 PM.

English is my langauge.... if you read this odd and I am hearing imparied, it's not perfect langauge.

Thank you for information... so another question is... Do I need to buy the server to set up the domain name ?? Can I have someone like GoDaddy for their server ?? Which is most important to you ??

Hey. sorry on the language. Hope I didn't offend you. The writing seemed to be very much like how someone that speaks spanish would type. Since I am fluent in spanish I was going to help out that way if I could.

You do not need to buy webspace on a webserver before you buy the domain name. You can buy the name whenever you want. Yahoo names is usually pretty cheap at about 1.99/year for a .com

Godaddy is good from what I hear. I have never used them. I use www.bethehost.com but there are many others out there as well. There is a thread here called "who to go to for webhosting" that discusses many different companies that offer webhosting.

That's okay... I heard from someone so you were not only one. That has noticed the langauge.

What is webdeveloper ?? Someone asked me to do his from me. I try to figure out where I could find and develop the web.

webdeveloper is usually the term used to describe someone who creates or manages a website.

geez.... that must something to be teach. Two people choice me for their web developer.

I am going to gather this altogether in my brain storm.

Oz (I followed the yellow brick road), WI, USA

I have similar question...

I should have read down the list of topics before posting on the "Newbie" thread.

Please see my question on that thread. It's too long to write out here. I'll get the hang of this and all the associated protocol eventually.
    "I have not failed. I've just invented 10,000 ways that won't work." TA Edison

Thread Information