www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How do I put videos on my website?

How do I put videos on my website?

I want to put videos on my website, can anyone help me with possible solutions or different possibilities..

Thanks,

Wade

That depends on what videos you want, if you are using a blog software etc. etc.

Some more information would be highly useful

Google Video
    Youtube
    YouTube videos cross-browser and valid XHTML 1.0 Strict
    Bye Bye Embed

- Moridin

I found those sites when I was looking but I do not understand how to insert them into my Front Page web page. I want to have them on my web page.

Can anyone help me?

Hi, I have had issues understanding how to put the video into my web page, I understand that youtube and what not are great sources for the videos,but how do I take the video and have it on my website?

Thanks,

Wade

Starting Video

Quote Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
    That depends on what videos you want, if you are using a blog software etc. etc.

Some more information would be highly useful

Google Video
    Youtube
    YouTube videos cross-browser and valid XHTML 1.0 Strict
    Bye Bye Embed

- Moridin
    Thanks Moridin "Bye Bye Embed" works fine in my website, could you help me with settings I would start my video automatically after 3-5 second

Thanks

You would need to gain some knowledge of cue points and how to build flash players, to tell the player when to start playing
    Sometime known as Flash "Vars" or variables

based on previous posts that may be a little ahead for you. So you might want to have someone skilled in flash help you

One simple way is buffer wait time
    example sample coding referencing buffer time

ns.setBufferTime(5);
    //ns.play("BCLionsStreetParty2007v1");
    ns.play("col");
    startUpApp()
    }

function startUpApp() {
    _root.onEnterFrame = function(){

bufferLengthText.text = ns.bufferLength;
    timeText.text = Math.round(ns.time * 100) / 100;

var total = Math.round((ns.time + ns.bufferLength) * 100) / 100;

Thats buffer, cue points would be better.

AS3 net classes make much quicker work for embedding multimedia content and also handle buffering etc automagically. The easiest way to have the delay is to setTimeOut for 3 seconds after initializing the stream object but before calling the play method of that stream.

Honestly, as a user I prefer to click play on multimedia before it starts all on its own and that is the best practice for all the content I work with at work (though there always are a few cases where autostarting is appropriate such as a whole page devoted to a video like hulu).

How do I put videos on my website?

I still don't know how to put videos on my website after reading this. I use dreamweaver, i have options on which media to insert, but none are mp4 which is the format I downloaded the videos from you tube in. I have the option of SWF, Flashpaper, FLV, SHockwave, APplet, ActiveX, Plugin. I guess I need to know how to download the videos from youtube in one of the mentioned formats.
    THanks!

If you have no experience with programming it might be easier for to use a website video software, which can generate the player and provide the code for you to copy and paste into your web page. If you do not need to host the video on your local server, you might even consider using a web video hosting services.

Thread Information