www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: what do you think?

Hybrid View

what do you think?

www.MarvelBeats.com

Efficiency? Simplicity? Asthetics?

Here is your speed report:
    * TOTAL_HTML - Congratulations, the total number of HTML files on this page (including the main HTML file) is 1 which most browsers can multithread. Minimizing HTTP requests is key for web site optimization.
    * TOTAL_OBJECTS - Congratulations, the total objects on this page (including the HTML) is 3 which most browsers can multithread. Minimizing HTTP requests is key for web site optimization.
    * TOTAL_IMAGES - Congratulations, the total number of images on this page is 1 . Most browsers can send multiple requests, which can speed display of multiple images.
    * TOTAL_CSS - Congratulations, the total number of external CSS files on this page is 1 . Because external CSS files must be in the HEAD of your HTML document, they must load first before any BODY content displays. Although they are cached, CSS files slow down the initial display of your page.
    * TOTAL_SIZE - Caution. The total size of this page is 65968 bytes, which will load in over 8 seconds on a 56Kbps modem - or 13.35 seconds. Consider reducing total page size to less than 30K to achieve sub eight second response times on 56K connections. Be sure to provide feedback for pages over 30K by layering your design to display useful content within the first two seconds. Consider optimizing your site with Speed Up Your Site or contacting us about our optimization services.
    * HTML_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of this HTML file is 3221 bytes, which less than 20K. Assuming that you specify the HEIGHT and WIDTH of your images, this size allows your page to display content in well under 8 seconds, the average time users are willing to wait for a page to display without feedback.
    * IMAGES_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your images is 60195 bytes, which is over 30K. Consider optimizing your images for size, combining them, and replacing graphic rollovers with CSS.
    * CSS_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of your external CSS is 2552 bytes, which is less than 4080 bytes. This will fit into three higher-speed TCP-IP packets.
    * MULTIM_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of all your external multimedia files is 0 bytes, which is less than 4K.

So there are a few things to work on, other then that I would also recommend lightening up the page... black backgrounds are real bad on some people's eyes... and certain screens will just mistreat them, so for the widest audience you want lighter (not necessarily brighter) colors.

Also, you need title attributes for all your links, you don't have any.

Your page doesn't validate either, but its close, you just need to not use the "align='center'" tag inside your div... use text-align in the container div.

Overall though, I think you have the right idea going... but the page loads too slow (according to the speed test, its mostly your images) and the colors need to be fixed plus a few other things.

Great job though, CSS validates and you haven't used a single table keep up the good work.

-Marcus

Ok, I get the dark theme, it is part of the idea. What would help is giving some more padding to everything. A *{padding:20px} perhaps. No, that was a joke! Try increasing the padding to the paragraphs at first!
    TemplateGarden.NET
    Template Monster Templates with a LIFETIME 20% discount and paypal payment!
    NEW service: Template Customization (we change the template for you!)

Quote Originally Posted by pixel-illusions
    Ok, I get the dark theme, it is part of the idea. What would help is giving some more padding to everything. A *{padding:20px} perhaps. No, that was a joke! Try increasing the padding to the paragraphs at first!
    LOL. Thx for the idea.

How about this new banner I just did? I think it looks much more professional.

That's what I call improvement! Well done!
    TemplateGarden.NET
    Template Monster Templates with a LIFETIME 20% discount and paypal payment!
    NEW service: Template Customization (we change the template for you!)

Quote Originally Posted by pixel-illusions
    That's what I call improvement! Well done!
    thank you.

I love photoshop lol. pretty quick learning curve. hmm what else do i need.?

Thread Information