www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A simple cms

A simple cms

I hope it's OK to post this here, but I've tried so many different CMSs and can't find what I'm looking for.

I need a simple way for a person to change info just on one page. Every CMS I try is a whole site, all I need is one page, that I can just include on another page that has my template. Ideally it would be a page in a folder so if there is another page I want them to be able to make changes one I could just have that be in another folder with a diff name.

Can anyone point me to a script that will do something like this?

Thanx

edit: Right now I use blogger.com to do this and it works great, except I have to have their logo on each page that I use this, example: http://mjaschool.org/php/news.php
    Last edited by Bryan G; 11-09-2006 at 12:54 AM.

Well end of the day CMS's are designed to handle more than one page. But if you are looking for a good CMS I use PHPX.org Its free and has great support!

Why2k
    Live with IT!
    my Site: get-mine.co.za
    My Test Site www.whitelightning.co.za
    My Affiliate info site www.bluelightning.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by why2k
    Well end of the day CMS's are designed to handle more than one page. But if you are looking for a good CMS I use PHPX.org Its free and has great support!

Why2k
    That's just to heavy, it's over 10 megs......if I can't get something smaller I'll try it.

Thanx

yeah it is big, but worth it. I works across most platforms ie: linux and NT. but it is big!! LOL

I hope you come right
    Live with IT!
    my Site: get-mine.co.za
    My Test Site www.whitelightning.co.za
    My Affiliate info site www.bluelightning.co.za

if your looking to edit just a single page at a time you could try something like fckeditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/).

All you have to do is list the files you want to edit that links to a page that will load your content into an rte (rich text editor). that will allow you to edit your page directly, then just save it.

Thread Information