www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Login Script Problwm

Login Script Problwm

Hi there,
    If i try to login with the script below without any username or password, it logs me in as a user that is already in the database! Cant see why it would do that though when it should just show an error... There is another page, but that is just a form with no predeffined values that will affect the form!

Fet

PHP Code:
    <? session_start();
    ob_start();
    $username=$_REQUEST['username'];
    $password=base64_encode($_REQUEST['password']);
    $sql_reg="select * from tbl_register where username='".$username."' and password='".$password."' and status='1'";
    $fet=mysql_query($sql_reg) or die("The Following error occired: <br>".mysql_error());
    if(
    mysql_num_rows($fet)>0)
    {
    $_SESSION['user']=$username;
    ob_start();
    header("location:home.php");
    exit;
    }
    else
    {

$msg=1;
    }
    ?>
    At last.. I can make my text bold

The first possibilties that come to mind:

1. You haven't logged out a previous user (expired the session cookie and destroyed the session), so it's using that existing session.

2. You have a row in your users table with empty values for user and password.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Upon further review, are you sure that code runs without error? "password" is a reserved word in MySQL (the password() function), so I would expect your mysql_query() call to throw an error since you have not back-quoted the `password` column name.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information