dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: ApacheMonitor.exe Removal

ApacheMonitor.exe Removal

Hi all,

I'm a newbie running Windows XP. In an effort to clear an existing Apache directory, I have been able to remove everything except ApacheMonitor.exe out of the bin directory. When an attempt is made to delete ApacheMointor.exe file the following errer message appears: "Cannot delete ApaceMonitor.exe: Access is denied". With the services program I have stopped the following services: 1)HTTP 2)Server 3)Computer Browser 4)Cold Fusion 5)Windos Firewall 6) Norton AntiVirus. Are there any other possible programs running that Apache is running with before I can gain access to delete the exe? Or does someone have a better alternative in mind?

Thanks for you time!

Could always boot to safe mode.....
    54 68 65 42 65 61 72 4D 61 79

do you see the monitor running in your task bar?
    it is a standard apache tool. I don't believe that those are your only services. where'd you get that list from?

Thank you both for your responses. "The Add Safe Mode" worked like a charm. I did not have a list offered by another source. Those were simply services that I thought might interfere with exe file. We are good to go & I thank you both.
    Wayne

Thread Information